Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Independece day

In most of the newspapers, today's headline is"India turned 60". I was shocked to read the headline itself. Though i respect India's freedom from the British rule, but still we Indians haven't learnt the lesson,which we should have learnt. I don't want to go back to history and find out what caused India to fall for East India company and then let them rule by Britishers for more than 150 years. We talk about our culture, our heritage which is few thousands years old and still we say India turned 60 ?
Now some jokes time. One of my friends asked me yesterday about what i am going to do for ID. I was really surprised by the sudden question. Frankly i wanted to tell her that I would watch RDB and then get drunk and kill few politicians. I guess that's not a bad way of celebrating ID than going to some flag hosting and listen to the same old stories about all those freedom fighters. Don't get me wrong but I have full respect for freedom fighters. I am sure if i would have born 100 years back, I would have been a front running freedom fighter. But not certainly the Gandhi's way, I would have joined BhagatSingh and co. Maybe you and your children would have been reading my name in history books.
I don't want to repeat the same old story about corruption, politicians and blah blah....
I just want everyone to be selfless and be at the their very best in their profession, with full honesty and loyalty. If each individual try to inch towards a better human being, our country might do wonders. I salute to all the people who sacrificed their life for our country. Please don't let them down. Let us wish to make our country proud by making ourselves better.

"bund bund milne se banta ek dariyan hai,
bund bund sagar hai, warna yeh sagar kya hai,
samzo is paheli ko, bund ho akeli toh, ek bund jaise kuch bhi nahi,
hum auron ko chhodde toh, muh sabse hi modde toh,
tanha rahna jaye dekho hum kahi,
kyon na bane milke hum dhara..... "


Love you INDIA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Life_in_diptees_view said...

U never know ,may be u were Bhagat Singh in your previous janam ;)

I celebrated Independence day in the morning ,singing ,jana gana mann,it may be crazy but i am feeling really charged up:)

Today is as special as my Birthday ,a day to do good things and a day to feel good .

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY !!

Sandipan Mitra said...

As usual, I would have been the other extreme. A true gandhivadi and away from all these violent approach. India would have been like African Union with the violent people at top positions.

or who knows, i may have been a typical british worshipper. working for them.

Advay said...

@diptee:
thats so nice... singing national anthem and making this day as special as ur b'day !
am really impressed. :)

@sandi: good that we weren't born at that time otherwise you would have been the first whom i would have killed. :))))))))))