Saturday, July 17, 2010

football fever ...

well ... I should have written this blog before fifa world-cup or may be during the world cup, but alas, I am writing 'my dedication' after the world cup is over. I don't need to mention how passionate I am about this sport and hence I did not miss a single match of the WC2010. I had correctly predicted Spain's winning WC2010 but my prediction was Spain would play Brazil in final. Netherlands was in Brazil's place instead. Though I predicted Spain Brazil final, I had also predicted top 3 teams of WC2010 and they were Spain, Argentina and Netherlands in that order. Argentina was out in pre-quarters, thanks to great German play. I felt Argentina selected a squad depending upon Messi. Maradona selected all players which were supposed to play alongwith Messi but somehow that Barcelona magic didn't work in WC finals. Ghana had a bad luck with Uruguay. German as usual made it till Semis in spite of having such a young team. Spain played their usual Game and liked them even when they lost against Swiss. The best quality about this Spain squad is their ability to keep the ball and sustain pressure. When opposition is on top of them to get the ball, they keep their cool and play short passes and frustrate their opposition to core. They came, they played and they won.
For me players to watch were :-
Sneidjer (Netherlands)
Sanchez (Chile)
Messi (Argentina)
Muller (Germany)
Forlon (Uruguay)
Ramos (Spain)

After going through the WC, I feel club football plays an important role in preparation of world cup. Also each player must be committed to the role and responsibility given to him. England and France failed because of only this reason, somehow players were not fit in the roles they were given.
Anyways WC is over and I wish I can go to Brazil to see atleast 1 match. :)

Please please sponsor me :)

No comments: