Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Football

Football.....
Football is my recent craze. Dont feel that its all due to the coming world cup. But my craze to football started almost 8 months back when the english premier league started. I never used to follow football so closely as now. I support ManUnited at premier league. And am glad to find my club standing 2nd at the end of the season. They cud have done better but Chelsea were amazing throughout the season. I like the style of English football, its played with lot of short passes and smart touches rather than Brazilian or Argentine football where long range shots and individual performance counts. Still my most favourite player is Ronaldhino of Brazil, at this moment no one can beat him. He is simply the best footballer currently in the world. My some other favourite players are Wayne Rooney, Christiano Ronaldo, Frank Lampard, Bellamy, Owen and the list goes on.
I guess India also should promote football. They concentrate just too much over the cricket and i strongly believe there are other major sports that are not properly looked after. Football is one among them. Maybe the sports minister should take some responsible measure towards developing a good soccer in india. I dont think its difficult to get atleast 100 players in the population of 100 crores. Hopefully some general awreness should be brought among indian people for promotion if football in india.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with u that Football should take a higher place in india! One immediate good thing will be time save! a cutdown from 7 hrs to 90 minutes!
And it's high time too!! Football WC + The best state for football in the lowest morale for cricket! High time to say ATTACK!!!

Sandipan Mitra said...

wow!!! cool new look u have given!!
but more posts needed!